Thursday, March 7, 2013

Traffic.


Have you ever been stuck in traffic? For a long time? I remember driving home from Christmas last year… It was supposed to be a ten hour drive, but it became a thirteen hour drive. For three hours, I didn’t go more than ten miles an hour. We were inching along. It was terrible. I hate traffic. I was just ready to get home. I think that we all hate traffic, because it keeps us from reaching our destination. It makes us take longer to get where we’re going.

Traffic keeps us from our goal.

I think all of us have some Spiritual traffic in our lives. I know I do.

We all have things in our life that keep us from becoming more like Jesus.

If we were to rate our walks with Jesus on a scale from 1 – 10, none of us would have a perfect 10. We won’t have perfect 10s until we’re with Jesus in Heaven, and that’s because there is traffic here that keeps us from Him.

So, what’s your traffic?

What is it in your life that is keeping you from getting to Jesus.
Galatians 5:1 – 

"For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and don't submit again to a yoke of slavery."

When Paul says, “Don’t submit again to a yoke of slavery” he’s saying, don’t let the traffic slow you down.
Jesus knows about the traffic in your life. That's why He came and died on the cross.
His death paid the price that you owed for your sin, so that through faith in Him, you have the power to bypass all of that traffic. 
It doesn't happen naturally, we don't just end up past the sin in our lives.  

Sin isn't something we outgrow.  

We have to choose to fight against it, we have to choose to put on Christ daily.
I love how Paul says it in Romans 13:14, 

"But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires." 

We have to stop feeding our flesh. We have to cut out the things in our lives that create traffic, keeping us from Jesus.

God wants to take you to a deeper place in your walk with Him. Will you remove the sin, and bypass the traffic in your life to get to Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment